Member Communication Guidelines
The SIGHPC Executive Committee has adopted the following guidelines with respect to promoting events and community news to SIGHPC members via its communications outlets.
- SIGHPC Website: Access is open to the public. In general, all information and events posted on the SIGHPC website must pertain directly to SIG business and to events with a formal SIGHPC collaboration (e.g., "in cooperation with" status).
- SIGHPC mailing list: Restricted to active SIGHPC members only. In general, emails sent to the official email list will be limited to the CONNECT newsletter or SIG business and events with a formal SIGHPC collaboration (e.g., "in cooperation with" status). An infrequent "Upcoming Events" email may be sent pointing to upcoming events of interest, including events both with and without an official relationship to SIGHPC; this email is intended to be a digest of the Community Calendar featured on the website.
- SIGHPC CONNECT Newsletter: The newsletter is emailed to active SIGHPC members. After 30 days, it is posted for open access via the SIGHPC website. Information and events featured in the newsletter are subject to the approval of the newsletter editor and must pertain directly to SIG business or information of interest to SIG members and to events with a formal ACM affiliation (e.g., "in cooperation with" status).
- SIGHPC social media outlets (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.): Access is open to all members of the social media service. Postings made by the official SIGHPC account must pertain directly to SIG business and to events with a formal ACM collaboration (e.g., "in cooperation with" status).
- On social media sites where posts may be contributed by users (i.e., Facebook), any member may post events and information of interest and relevance to SIGHPC members, without regard to SIGHPC status. SIGHPC reserves the right to remove posts and links it determines are not relevant to members or which do not advance the ideals and goals of the SIG.