Remember to apply by February 28, 2020 ...
Nominations are Open for 2020 Outstanding Dissertation Award
SIGHPC's Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award is given for an outstanding doctoral dissertation completed in high performance computing (HPC). This award is open to students studying anywhere in the world who have completed a PhD dissertation with HPC as a central research theme. The winner is recognized with a $2,000 cash prize, a plaque, and travel support to SC.
Congratulations to the SC19 Travel Grant Recipients
SIGHPC announces 2019 winner of Emerging Woman Leader in Technical Computing Award
Dr. Trilce Estrada is the 2019 ACM SIGHPC Emerging Woman Leader in Technical Computing award winner. Dr. Estrada is an associate professor in the department of Computer Science at the University of New Mexico. She is recognized for her innovative and transformative deployment of machine learning for knowledge discovery in molecular dynamic simulations and in situ analytics.
2019 Computing4Change Participants Selected!
We are excited to announce the participants of the 2019 Computing4Change competition.
Co-located with the SC19 conference in Denver, Colorado, Computing4Change introduces students to the potential of computing to create positive change in our society. Students work in teams, applying data analysis and computational thinking to a social challenge while experiencing the latest tools and techniques from computing and data science.
ACM Announces First All-Woman Class of SIGHPC/Intel Computational and Data Science Fellows
Congratulations to the six recipients of the ACM SIGHPC/Intel Computational and Data Science Fellowships for 2019!
The 2019 recipients are pursuing MS and PhD degrees in a variety of applied fields, and for the first time in the fellowship’s history, all of the recipients are women:
- Mariela Faykoo-Martinez (PhD, Genome Biology and Bioinformatics), University of Toront
- Cynthia Garcia-Eidell (PhD, Earth and Environmental Sciences), University of Illinois at Chicago
- Brienna Herold (PhD, Computer Science), University of Minnesota
- Monsurat Olaosebikan (PhD, Computer Science), Tufts University
- Luana Pontes Ferreira (MS, Industrial Engineering), Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte
- Isabela Quintela Matos (PhD, Chemical Engineering), Cornell University
Funding will be awarded in August. The winners will receive travel support to attend SC19 in Denver, Colorado (USA), where they will be recognized during the awards ceremony. They will also receive a complimentary membership in SIGHPC for the duration of their fellowship.
*Closed: Nominations for 2019 Emerging Woman Leader in Technical Computing (EWLTC) Award
The ACM SIGHPC Emerging Woman Leader in Technical Computing (EWL/TC) is a biennial award open to any woman who has engaged in HPC and technical computing research, education, and/or practice for 5-15 years since receiving her highest degree. This international award creates a new career milestone achievement, and also establishes a cohort of role models for students and professional who are just getting started in our field. The awardee is recognized with a $2,000 cash prize, a plaque, and travel support to SC.
*Closed: Nominations for 2019 Computing4Change
Are you an undergraduate student who wants not just to enhance your skillset, but also to create positive change in your community? Computing4Change is a competition for students from diverse disciplines and backgrounds who want to work collaboratively to:
- Learn to apply data analysis and computational thinking to a social challenge
- Experience the latest tools and techniques for exploring data through visualization
- Expand skills in team-based problem solving
- Learn how to communicate ideas more effectively to the general public
SIGHPC is a proud sponsor of these upcoming conferences:
- HPDC 2020
- 29th International Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Stockholm, Sweden
- June 23 - 26, 2020
- Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing
- Geneva, Switzerland
- June 29 - July 1, 2020
Look for publications from recent conferences proudly held in cooperation with or sponsored by SIGHPC:
- International Conference on High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis
- Denver, Colorado
- November 17 - 22, 2019
- ACM OpenTOC: SC19 papers are available for free download!
- Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing
- Zurich, Switzerland
- June 12 - 14, 2019
- ACM OpenTOC: PASC19 papers are available for free download!
- IPDPS 2019
- IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- May 20 - 24, 2019
- PPoPP 2019
- Annual Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming
- Washington D.C., United States
- February 16 - 20, 2019
- ACM OpenTOC: PPoPP 2019 papers are available for free download!