Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award
SIGHPC's Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award is given each year for the best doctoral dissertation completed in high performance computing (HPC). This award is open to students studying anywhere in the world who have completed a PhD dissertation with HPC as a central research theme.
- Nominations open: Now Closed
- Nominations close: Now Closed
- Winners announced: extended to 1 October
To qualify for the Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award, the dissertation must:
- Have been successfully defended (or accepted by the committee if no defense is required) during calendar year 2017.
- Be submitted in the final form that was accepted by the department.
- Be submitted in English.
The award is presented annually during the annual SC conference. The awardee is recognized with a $2,000 cash prize, a plaque, and travel support to SC.