Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award
Nominations Closed for 2020 Outstanding Dissertation Award
SIGHPC's Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award is given for an outstanding doctoral dissertation completed in high performance computing (HPC). This award is open to students studying anywhere in the world who have completed a PhD dissertation with HPC as a central research theme.
- Nominations re-open: July, 2020
- Nominations close: February 28, 2021
- Winners announced: June, 2020 (for the 2020 award)
To qualify for the Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award, the dissertation must:
- Have been successfully defended (or accepted by the committee if no defense is required) during the twelve months preceding the close of nominations.
- Be submitted in the final form that was accepted by the department.
- Be submitted in English.
The award is presented during the annual SC conference. The awardee is recognized with a $2,000 cash prize, a plaque, and travel support to SC.